…from me and about me!
I’ve posted a few random factoids on Facebook lately and the other night on the way home from anAWESOMEDaughtry show lots of random thoughts were going through my head and I thought I would share them.
First – on Facebook I recently posted “What you should know about me. If I say I’m going to go lay down and read or watch TV that is code for I will be asleep in less than 30 minutes.”
Second – here is a list of random thoughts that have been going through my head starting with the one that popped up on the way home from Daughtry.
- I know I look all girly and prissy and what-not, but I really have a thing for guys with full sleeves and actually even like some neck tattoos.
- I love clean underwear and change my “panties” everyday after I get home from work.
- I prefer old black and white shows over new shows from today ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. Bring on Leave it to Beaver, Father Knows Best, Andy Griffith, Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke (some are in color now or were the first in color of this type show). I love TV Land, Nick at Night and MeTV among the others that play the classics. I’d rather watch a rerun I’ve seen 100x of one of these shows than a rerun of something current.
- I often want to knock on people’s doors when I see odd things in their yard and simply ask “Why?” Here’s an example…This crashed up SUV has been in this driveway on my way to work for months now! You kind of have to wonder about that! Or at least I do. (Yes, that’s Reba’s ear you see…we were going for a ride in the car just because she likes to do that everyday and so I could take a picture of this.)
- I admit I have an unusual fear of insects (that’s a story for another day), but I have a very abnormal fear of beat up and dented up cars going down the road. I mean, what do the owners really have to lose at that point if they hit you? It’s not like their car is going to get any worse!
- I hate running! There is nothing about it that appeals to me. First, I’ve never seen a happy runner. No smile, no sense of satisfaction, no look of “this is the best thing since sliced bread” – nothing but the look of pain and need to get this over with. Second, nothing is chasing me. I mean really, is there a reason to run if nothing is chasing you? I’d have to think not. And besides…I’m pretty sure this is reality –
- I’m becoming more and more interested in staying home and less and less interested in going places. I enjoy time with my friends, but sometimes it’s a lot of work. (sorry friends)
- I don’t exactly like driving, but I
don’t likeHATE being a passenger so I always offer to drive. It’s nothing against your driving (okay – that might not be entirely true) I just feel more comfortablein control when I’m driving!
- I have a tattoo that I got approximately 21 years ago and it is still unfinished. Can I still call it a tattoo? And here’s the thing about that (I passed out getting it – yep – you read that correctly) – I.WANT.ANOTHER.ONE. Well, first I want to have this unfinished piece of art made into something different. I want a Gerbera Daisy. And second, I want the CTRL Z (undo) symbol from Mac somewhere on my body in red. I realize it makes no sense, but because I realize that I think it might be okay. Below is the Undo symbol I saw in the form of a necklace.
- I’m a cat AND a dog person – yep, it can be done! That being said, I don’t think my dog is a cat dog and I don’t think my cat is a dog cat. They seem to tolerate each other okay, but I don’t think they’d be upset if they didn’t have each other in their life.
- I love to be crafty (most of you now know that about me), but many people have been shocked by this fact about me. Do I look like the non-crafty type?
- I like to write. But, I’m especially good at writing letters to companies when they make me mad. And, I often get my way due to said letter.
- For almost 42 years my mother tried to get me to eat broccoli. This past year due to some stomach issues I was back in the Gastroenterologist’s office and got some paperwork that actually had “avoid broccoli” on it. Guess who is pretty happy now! I finally have a reason to tell my mother I WILL NOT BE EATING BROCCOLI!
- I used to want 15 kids (8 boys and 7 girls). This lasted until my early 20s when I realized that kids and I would not be a good match for a life time. I had a hysterectomy at 33 due to health reasons and the fact that I can never accidentally get pregnant (okay…I do realize I would need a boyfriend and a relationship) makes me happy everyday!
- My grandmother thinks I’m a good driver (I guess she doesn’t realize how many accidents I’ve been in – to my defense 99% were not my fault). She is always amazed how I can still get around Groton, CT even though I haven’t lived there since 1998. It’s funny how a person can still get around a place that hasn’t changed.
- I’ve had surgery on my left wrist, left knee and left big toe. I’d say my left side is not having a good life.
- Un-ironed clothes make me cringe. I will never understand going to work in un-ironed clothes. And yes, I am judging you.
- I’ve bought Girl Scout cookies and still had some in the back of the closet the next year. It really is possible!
- When I was young my dad’s sister married a black man and for a long time I thought everyone had a black uncle.
- I hardly ever watch the news because I hate bad news, but if I hear a story it really makes me upset when I never hear the final outcome.
- I love animals! But, (sorry PETA) I would absolutely love to have a long black mink coat and a short silver fox jacket.
- I understand that everyone has opinions and beliefs, but I’d like to know why it’s okay to be mean, rude, hateful, and violent to those that don’t have your same beliefs? I saw a sign on a church recently that said “God didn’t reject anyone and neither will we.” Doesn’t that seem like a better way to live?
Well, that’s it for now. But I will leave you with some random pictures.